Monday, December 26, 2005

We've Arrived!

Guess what? NDN and I are sitting in a "locutoroio" in Buenos Aires!!!

We met at the airport last night at around 8:00 and took a 10:00 pm overnight flight. The flight was rough. We were cramped into an incredibly small space for 12 hours. When we first got on the plane we were hyper and screwing around with some oversized sunglasses and NDN's baseball hat. The woman in front of us got annoyed. She passed us a note asking us to keep it down. I would transcribe it for you here, but the note is back in the hotel.

Anyway, there's too much to do here for me to sit here and blog detail by detail. After checking into our hotel this afternoon, NDN walked me around his old neighborhood and showed me where he used to live. We had some amazing ice cream, changed some money and set off on an even longer walk--not easy for me in the sweltering heat, after a long plane ride with nothing to go on but ice cream. I hate the summer and I could feel the makeup melting off my face, my hair sticking to the back of my neck as we went.

That said, it was a nice walk with a lot to see. Buenos Aires strikes me as a strange combination of San Juan and London. Anyway, we made it towards the city center and went for a walk around the cemetary where I saw Eva Peron's grave and took a couple of beautiful pictures of the statues and tombs. I was getting exhausted though, so we rested for a while under the shade of a massive Cyprus tree.

After that, we had high tea at the Alvear Palace Hotel. It is the swankiest, stuffiest most beautiful hotel in the city. But the dollar is amazingly strong here and so we were able to share the whole experience for only about $10 each. (USD, of course). Then we continued to walk around the most expensive neighborhood, window shopping and strolling over to check out the Four Season's Hotel. Now we`re here in the "locutorio" (or telephone/internet shop), resting our feet and doing a little email checking.

Tonight we have plans to meet up with NDN's friend Enzo and his wife. NDN already bumped into two people he knows-- his former real estate broker and a Russian girl who works at the Orangerie--the tea room in the Alvear Palace.

As for my emotional state-- it's not great. I got into a fight with Hammer just before the trip and it has left me feeling very bad. On top of that, I sent Narc a "Merry Christmas" text, and he never replied. I'm sick of him and his victim complex. I'm sick of him courting other women as if they are worth it and as if I'm worth nothing. I just went to check his blog and his entire entry is about UNChick-- some girl that he dated a year ago. I am feeling weary of him and completely undervalued. I feel like he doesn't think I "count" for anything, and it's sucking the life out of me. Maybe this trip will be a turning point for me and for him.

Maybe it really will be a new year upon my return.

Senorita H

PS: Pardon the typos or strange symbols. The keyboard is a little different here. I'll have to clean it all up when I get home...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone has a breaking point.

Right now Hyde make sure you enjoy the moment. You never get a second crack at the past. So have a great time and worry about tommorow when it comes.

feitclub said...

Please don't let lingering thoughts about Narc ruin your vacation in Argentina. He'll be there when you get back, worry about him then. Enjoy the sunshine, even when it's too intense! I hated the heat and humidity of summer but freezing in Japan isn't much better.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog! This may be a disturbing fact: it wasn't too difficult. Typing "Narc," "NDN," and "Hammer" in Google led me to Hammer's page. From then on, it was just a matter of looking through a few of your usual commentator's pages to get to your page. You might want to keep your eye out for future Narc intrusions. That said, I hope that you're having a great time! Luv and hugs.