Sunday, December 04, 2005

Back to Bed

I'm going to crawl back into bed.

But yes-- I'm still confused.

I came out of my bedroom this morning to find it snowing.

The piano bench was overturned. My autographed Bill Clinton book had flown off the shelf (btw-- MGuy is a Republican! Yikes!). Papers were strewn across the floor, a box of photos was kicked onto the ground. What the fuck happened here?

To top it all off, I was naked and frozen and my cell phone was not charged. And then I looked out the window and found it to be snowing!

Last night I went to see BarMan play, then to an Irish pub with NDN and Hammer and then to another bar where I saw Anxious and BulgarianGuy and the rest of the crew. NDN got stuck talking to Anxious and didn't like it.

When we were at the Irish bar with Hammer she danced a lot. We ate at a sketchy Chinese place. NDN told Hammer how to send the Wizard a sexy text in Spanish. (He speaks fluent Spanish.) Later I got drunk and wanted to text Narc. So I sent him a quasi-translation of a similar text. I wrote:

(Nevermind. I edited this out. Too smutty for the blog!)

Stupid, right? (But Narc, where ARE you?)

Anyway, I need to not think about it all right now b/c I'm shivering. I need to crawl back into bed and nurse myself into health over the next hour or two. After all, today is my mom's birthday. I've got to go see the family in a little while...

-h

PS: I promise, more details about the date and about the weekend are soon to follow...

PPS:

I just got off the phone with my mom.

"60 today!" she said. "And I'm so excited. I'm going to have all my babies with me. And so much to show for it! And by the time I'm 65 you'll be a 'doctor!'"

So, why do I feel so guilty? Why do I feel like crap? What does she really have to show for it? My life is shit.

The more I think about it, the more I think I need to be done with Narc. He makes me crazy. He really does! I love him so, but he makes me lose my mind. I hate him. I do. Every day I don't hear from him, I hate him more and more. Fuck him.

6 comments:

sunshine said...

Hey chick. Glad you are doing well. I saw it snowing last night. I'm getting ready to go throw some snowballs at my little one.

Enjoy the cold weather.

Happy Bday to your moms

Anonymous said...

"So, why do I feel so guilty? Why do I feel like crap? What does she really have to show for it? My life is shit."
I dunno Sunshine, that doesn't make me feel like she is doing that well.

HistoryGeek said...

ndn - I was confused by this too, but then I looked at the time of the comment v. the time of the post (when Hyde must have done her update). Sunshine seems to be commenting on the first part of the quote.

sunshine said...

That's right Spins, I was commenting that she seemed more upbeat and optomistic like she has more than just the Narc option in the world. We all know how talented she is and I just hope she sees now what we all have known for months. How talented she is I meant, not the Narc situation. That is and will always be what it is.

Glad you are well still Hyde. Mom is proud of you NO MATTER WHAT. It's not too late, you know that.

Hi NDN!

Hyde said...

Found out where Narc was all weekend, as he finally contacted me today. He went out with "the boys" Friday night at around 7:00. They stayed coked up until 3:00 the next afternoon. Then he crashed and slept until sometime around 3:00 am Saturday night/Sunday morning. He invited me over tonight and I may go. But I'm feeling depressed.

-h

Charby said...

SNOW!!!!!!??????????

I want snow!