Wednesday, December 28, 2005

My Second Check-In

So, this is my second check-in from Argentina! In terms of N finding my blog, I've decided not to freak out and stress about it because I just don't want to live my life paranoid. I've been checking the sitemeter and as far as I can tell, he hasn't logged in again. (That is, unless he's signed in from someplace other than his home).

I know I'm supposed to be on vacation, but I can't help but think about all of that. I feel like I'm going through some kind of massive Narc-detox and the more days that go by without him, the more perspective I'm gaining on all this. All he does is write about other women on his blog. He doesn't want me. I don't know how I manage to keep myself so constantly deluded that he does. Anyway, all I ever do is talk about him, so on to another subject...

Argentina is amazing. I am a little run down and was running a fever last night, but that aside, I'm having a great time. And I'm having a great time sans-alcohol. I had a few drinks the other night, but it's been one full week since I've been drunk. Kind of weird...

Yesterday NDN and I had a "day of beauty" in the morning. The dollar is so strong here that we can afford total luxury. We went to a salon and got our hair done and manicures and pedicures and I had a waxing (which is done in a totally different way than in NY. Interesting...). Then we did some outdoor shopping on the "Florida"-- a massive pedestrian mall leading to the Plaza del Mayo at the center of town. Once there, I got to check out the Casa Rosada.

We walked outside for hours yesterday and I started to feel exhausted. I skipped our evening plans (due to my fever) and went to bed early.

Oh, I also have to note--Monday night we went out with NDN's Bolivian friends. They took us to the poorest neighborhood on the outskirts of town where we ate fried pork cracklings and bloated fat corn kernels in a makeshift restauant built out a garage. There were numerous skin and bones stray dogs wandering through the place and people dancing everywhere with paper napkins to stand in as makshift handkerchiefs. His friends have two small children who I loved--Mauri and Constanza. We may have dinner at their apartment again tonight and I'm looking forward to playing with the kids.

Fried pork aside, the food here is truly amazing. I'll have to do a whole blog entry on that when I get back. So despite the heat and the constant walking, I'm sure I'm going to put on a few pounds. Whatever... I'll deal with that when I get back.

This morning I had a full body massage. I usually don't do that kind of thing because I don't like strangers touching me (I know that sounds weird given my bouts of promiscuity, but I've got a lot of issues in that department). It was so relaxing though.

I'd go on a bit more, but I've got to meet NDN and his friend Marta for lunch in five minutes.

We're going to go check out some of the parks today and maybe an antique market. On Sunday we take off for Carilo--a resort town on the beach.

This place is great, but my heart is broken and I still have only one.

Hope you are all well!

Lol,

H

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are trying to live the moment instead of dwelling on what you have no control over. This might sound strange coming from me, but now is not the time to start turning a new leaf. wait until you get home. Right now have fun, and stay out of danegerous neighbourhoods.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Are people there pretty fluent in English? Or are you making use of your Spanish skills?

Even if things with Narc are not where you want them to be, try to have as much fun as you can. You probably miss him, but you have good friends like NDN to share good times and experiences with!
Luv, Liu. (You can include the Cowboy in the list of men who are willing to "fight for your honor").

Jessica said...

i heard the meat there is amazing. you know how i am about meat!

feitclub said...

He wants you, just not as a girlfriend. That's why we all dislike him so much! It sounds like you're having a great time, don't stop.

HistoryGeek said...

Despite the broken heart, it sounds like you are having a lovely time.

Sarah663 said...

Drink lots of wine, I hear it is fantabulous!