Friday, June 03, 2005

Fatigued

I just don't feel like myself lately. I have been so tired. Yesterday all I did was wake up, go to turn in my grades, take care of some paperwork and return home, but I was so tired that I had to nap for a few hours in the early evening. When I awoke from my nap I tried to collect myself. I ordered Chinese takeout for dinner and decided to go to Cheers. Before heading out I went up to my building roof because NextDoorNeighbor had said he would be hanging out up there. He wasn't there. Instead, I bumped into Druggie's brother and his friend.

Over at Cheers, I just wasn't in the mood for the crowd. They're starting a new thing--karaoke on Thursdays, and it was too rowdy for me. I wasn't drinking, and was feeling much more mellow (and fatigued) than all that. So instead, I went for a walk around the neighborhood and called my sister.

This morning, I woke up exhausted even though I got at least 9 hours of sleep. I had to run across the street to get a phone card to call B. I didn't even bother to brush my hair (which was sticking out in all directions) and I was dressed in an oversized T-shirt and jeans. I stopped to buy some fruit from the fruit stand and despite my disheveled appearance, the fruit-guy gave me a free banana and some grapes. It was sweet.

Tonight NextDoorNeighbor and I are going down to South Street Seaport to stir up some "Friday night trouble." Narc will be back from Florida this evening, but I doubt he'll call me right away. I really hope he does, though. I really need to talk to him.

That's it for now.
I can't wait for life to return to normal.
I want my energy back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's good to take a few days off and relax. You worked hard all semester you deserve a few down days!

I hope your weekend brings you the answers you need.

I'm here if you need me : )

Flash said...

Friday night trouble?
I like the sound of that!