Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Computer Dilemma, Fucking Up and Alcohol...

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

I volunteered to do Narc a favor and then I fucked it up. I got drunk last night. Old school drunk... I mean, "Hyde-in-February-drunk..." "Stay-out-way-later-than-Cheers-is-open-drunk." (At least it wasn't "losing-memory-drunk!") Bottom line--it was a Manchester night.

I got NextDoorNeighbor wasted last night too. (Mmmm...Harvey Wallbangers...mmmm!) I just called him at work. He says he has a major hangover and I told him that I'm still drunk. (I think I should start abbreviating him as "NDN." His name on this blog is just too fucking long!) But whatver... We're good friends and I fucking love it!

What about the favor for Narc? How did I fuck it all up? His computer has been having major problems and he has to take it to get serviced at the Mac store. Yesterday we went over there in the afternoon, but you can only make same day appointments so he couldn't make one for today. What to do??? I told him to call me at midnight. I said that I would make the appointment for him (he can't do it because he doesn't have the internet-- like I said, his computer is down). He called me last night at about 12:30 am. I was already wasted off my ass. I told him that I absolutely love him.

"You're drunk, right?" he laughed.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean that I don't love you!" I insisted.

"I love you too..." he said

"What? You're fucking serious?"

"Yes, I love you too."

I'm never gonna forget that moment, you guys. He can do whatever else he wants from now on. I'm going to be happy for the rest of my life. (Ok, well, I shouldn't make these broad declarations while drunk, and yes--I'm still drunk, but I FUCKING LOVE HIM!!!!)

Anyway, back to the computer dilemma---

So I ran home from the bar when he called and I tried to sign him up for an appointment while we were on the phone, only it didn't work out. They'll only let you sign up during working hours.

"What time do they open?" I asked him.

"6:00 am," came the reply.

"Shit, that's early! But I don't care, I'll set my alarm for you."

"No, Hyde--really! Why would you wake up that early?"

"Because I love you."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Okay, then... let me know when the appointment is for."

I set my bedroom alarm for 5:55 and set the same thing on my cell. All was well. But, shit! shit! shit! I opened my eyes this morning at about 10:23 laying naked on my living room couch. I had passed out there drunk and didn't wake up to either of the alarms. To make matters worse, I had a text from Narc. He sent it at 7:55 this morning.

Apple store appt.?

I can't believe I fucked up like that! Of course, I leaped off the couch and made the appointment. The earliest I could get was for 3:55. I hope that's okay. I hope it all works out for him and that he's not mad at me. How could I fuck up like that? Arghhhh!!!!!!!

Anyway, as I'm still drunk, it'll take me a while longer to write the massive entry and tell you all what I've been up to this week. Before I even attempt that, I've got to go shower, brush my teeth and sober up. IrishBird just called me. That means I must have made a scene last night. I'll call her back and find out when I'm out of the shower...

that's all for now.

love you guys!
-h

5 comments:

sunshine said...

I noticed a lot of things happening at 5 til the hour.

Is that a sign???

Don't beat yourself up about sleeping. You still got an appt.

Glad you are happy : )

feitclub said...

Does Manchester = Cheers?
Or is that a drink I'm not familiar with?

Hyde said...

Manchester is where I go when "Cheers" closes. "Cheers" is the only bar I bother using code on (It's on 49th and 2nd). I know the bartenders there too...

sunshine said...

I will get a schedule of when buses run back and forth..times etc.

It would be very cool, a day in the burbs w/ me as your tourguide.

How is your brother? Haven't had an update, hope all is well...still pulling for him.

Charby said...

Sounds like you had a good day!
And don't beat yourself up, I'm sure he'll understand you oversleeping.