Monday, February 05, 2007

Fucking Freezing!

It is fucking FREEZING out today! I slept at Narc's last night and when I left this morning, I thought that my fingers were going to snap off. My nose felt burned up and dry like I had been doing coke all night. And I was tired. I got to bed later than I wanted to last night because we ended up playing a few rounds of wii golf and watching Deal or No Deal. Narc made me a little mii character for his Nintendo system. It was cute.

I had a pretty good weekend overall. Brick stayed over on Thursday night (after I had that semi-painful conversation with my sponsor, to let her know I wanted to switch) and we watched Ugly Betty in bed. Then, on Friday, Meema and I met up for lunch near her office. She and her husband are buying a place in Long Island city and she had the walk-through scheduled for that afternoon, so I went with her. The apartment is beautiful and ultra-modern. Later that night, Bezoukhoff and Hammer came over for Chinese food and some 24 catch up. I ended up going to Narc's that night around 11:00 and we had amazing, amazing sex which makes me sad because I know I have to give it up semi-soon.

Anyway, on Saturday I met up with Brick in the late afternoon and then I went for dinner with BigSis, followed by a viewing of Notes on a Scandal. We had a good time, and a really good talk, although things seem to get a bit "heavy" between us, sometimes... as if we are always in need of a heart-to-heart. I guess it's because we haven't really opened up to each other in the past ten years.

Late on Saturday night, Brick came back to my place and on Sunday we had brunch and then went to a meeting in Chelsea. Afterwards, I headed up to the Met museum. I wandered around the medieval art wing, listening to Palestrina on my iPod. Then I headed to the auditorium where I arranged to meet Hammer for a showing of The Haunted Screen, a documentary about German cinema in the 1920's. Hammer and I dined at Le Pain Quotidien. Then I headed home, picked up some Ben & Jerry's and went back to Narc's.

(NARC: Ugh... Sometimes you just gotta ask: "Why oh why..."
HYDE: Huh? What's bothering you?
NARC: I don't know, just been horribly depressed all day. Pity you've got class tomorrow! Could definitely use some cheering up.
HYDE: Aww... I hate that feeling. But I could come if you don't mind going to bed by 1:00 and a 6:45 alarm... Up to you.
NARC: Of course you can come, but are you sure that's enough sleep for you?)

Or so the conversation went...

I've got more to say about last week, including some crazy drama with my therapist, prompting the switch, but if I don't get out of here soon, I'll be late to meet B for lunch.

I slept so sweetly with Narc last night. I was cuddled so warmly with him. I loved it! But even putting that aside.. putting all things "Narc" aside... I'm in a pretty good mood today. Hope you all are too! Now, back out into the fucking freezing cold!!!

Brrrrr!!!!!

h

7 comments:

Cody Bones said...

I know what you mean. When I woke up this morning, the temperature in Chicago was -12. This sucks

HistoryGeek said...

I tried to comment yesterday on your Change post. I think it's amazing that you've been making such moves for yourself.

I hope it warms up soon.

Anonymous said...

But I thought you liked the cold, Hyde!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad things are better with Brick. :)

Billy said...

Glad to see you so happy. I am sure you are relieved though. Good for you on making the change.

Aravis said...

Yeah, the weather has been obnoxious lately! Stay warm.

shorty said...

Thanks Hyde. I've been trying to do that and it does help, every now and again I slip back though.

You can understand.

Miss talking to you!