Friday, January 19, 2007

Good News!

I am a happy, happy, happy Hyde with good news all around!

The first piece of good news-- Brick has decided to get sober again. This is the best turn of events imaginable and I hope that I can be a good friend to him while he gets to where he needs to be.

The second piece of good news-- NDN's sister has won a radio contest in CA and gets to meet Kiefer Sutherland tomorrow! This, of course, doesn't impact my life directly, but if NDN's sister gropes Kiefer and then NDN gropes his sister and then gropes me... Well... indirectly, I might get something out of it.

The third piece of good news-- in a nauseating momentary lapse of sanity this afternoon, I sent Narc a text: I love you. I wrote. Then I got really scared, hid the phone under my pillows, went into the living room, turned on some music and tried to sweep the floor. I really thought I might puke, but I am tired of holding everything in, and I just wanted to tell him. Half an hour later, I got up the guts to check my phone. Would there be no response? Would there be a questioning response? Would there be a discouraging response?

My, we're emotional suddenly!! Love you too, call later. he wrote.

My heart is soaring.

It's good to be feeling better this week.

Oh-- and one more piece of good news-- I have almost ironed everything out in terms of an independent study I have to take this spring. I found a professor to work with and am going to meet with him on Tuesday.

Life is good when you wait for it... I'm glad I was patient last week.

Love,
h

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, but when ever you're happy or sad it always involves Narc.....
.
.

HistoryGeek said...

Yay! for good news!

Anonymous said...

You remind me so much of myself sometimes, it's scary. Hiding the phone under the pillow is something I would have done as well. Funny, funny girl!

Hyde said...

Mystic- Maybe it seems that way, but I'm most happy about Brick...

:)

-h-

Aravis said...

Loved the "groping" chain. *G* And great news about Brick. I wish him well.