Thursday, January 25, 2007

Dream-o-Meter: Valentine Baby

I had a weird dream last night. I was pregnant and had a baby. I remember thinking that I was able to have a sober pregnancy. (I'm sure this is related to the fact that my 9 month anniversary is coming up on February 9th). Anyway, I had a beautiful little red-haired girl. It was Narc's baby. I named her "Valentine."

In my dream, I brought the baby to show Narc.

"This is little Valentine," I said.

"I'm surprised she doesn't have dark hair," he told me.

"What do you mean?"

"Didn't you name her 'Valentine' for the Count of Monte Cristo? That Valentine has dark hair. And besides-- your hair is naturally dark. I'm surprised she doesn't look more like you."

"I guess she just takes after her Daddy," I said.

"That's not my baby," he told me.

And for some reason, in the dream, I knew that he was right. It wasn't his. It had no father. It was some sort of immaculate conception or something...

Anyway, in the next part of my dream, I brought the baby to my high school and bumped into my 9th grade Social Studies teacher, Mr. Sun.

"I'm not surprised you named her Valentine," he said.

Later on in the dream, Narc called me and told me that I had to find a babysitter.

"It's almost February 9th," he said. "It's La Boheme night. We have a date. Or did you forget?"

Hmm... It was a dream that reeked of 2005-- the infamous Valentine's Day when Narc masturbated in front of Anxious... and the following week--the day he stood me up for Boheme.

In any case, it was a strange dream.

Right now, I'm getting ready for bed. Brick is here watching Glitter on TV. I refused to join. Narc was over here this afternoon. I gave him a blow job until I almost puked. Then I went to AA. More incongruity, huh?

The Stallion called me this afternoon... He's still living in San Diego, so that's a safe enough distance away.

I'm tired now. I think I'm getting a sore throat. (And no-- not from the blow job. I'm just really run down.)

Brick is making me crazy right now. I need to go take a shower and go to sleep.

Good night, all...

-h-

PS: I switched to new blogger. My computer pressured me into it. I hope I don't regret it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good night...hoping you have sweeter dreams this time around!

Anonymous said...

You're so nice standing up for me like that.

You made my day! Have a great weekend.
.
.
.