Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Six months... A year... A joke

Roughly a year ago, I made a post about what I had been doing six months before that. I think it's time for another check in. What was going on six months ago? What was going on a whole year ago?

Six Months Ago:
  • Hammer met SingMan
  • I had a day with three dates-- Narc, the Stallion and TT! (And TT and I bumped into JFig and her mom!)
  • Con-Ed nearly shut off my electricity because I forgot to pay the bill
  • NDN and I went to see La Boheme, followed by my friend NV's birthday party where I met that strange character, the coke-head-- Merlin.
  • I had a sore throat
  • I started making those centerpieces for my mom's party
  • Narc started being annoying about money and asked me to borrow some (and we ate at Houston's).

One Year Ago:

  • Narc was in the middle of his European tour
  • I had dinner with B's parents when they were here visiting
  • VJ's ex-boyfriend and my ex-friend, E-the-R randomly contacted me seeking a drug number.
  • NDN came with me to my cousin's bar mitzvah and later emailed my mom dirty jokes.
  • I lost my Georgian mourning ring (and then found it!)
  • I sat in BigSis and Bro-in-Law's new apartment waiting for furniture deliveries (and talking to Dan online)
  • NDN and I had our palms read

Anyway, as it's that time of year, our esteemed world leaders have once again taken over my neighborhood. The UN is in session for two weeks and the traffic and street closures are out of control! It's making the entire city congested.

I have a lot on my mind today, as you can probably guess, having read the previous post. I'm not ready to process it all yet. But here's the funniest part of last night's conversation with Narc:

Hyde: "I can't sleep with you Narc. It's too complicated."

Narc: "Does it have to be so complicated?"

Hyde: "Well... yes! I mean, you know I have feelings for you. You know I'm in love with you..."

Narc: "Oh, Hyde... I'm in love with you too! You know that!"

Hyde: "What?!?! You are not in love with me! Don't say that."

Narc: "Yes! Yes, I am. I'm in love with you. I always have been. I've always loved you and I still do. Damn it, I love you, Hyde! What ever would give you reason to believe otherwise?"

How the fuck do you even BEGIN to answer that question?

But, seriously... as much as I'm laughing at him now, he did win out. He did get me to come down there. So I guess I really don't have the last laugh...

Whatever... I need more time to think.

-h-

3 comments:

HistoryGeek said...

How do you answer that question? You quote his blog back to him.

feitclub said...

Ooooh, good answer! I was going to say "Well, what about PopStarChick?" but that's even better.

Flash said...

Just had a trawl through the last few weeks to see what Spins was referring to.
She is so right.

Your comment at mine the other day really made me smile.
x