Friday, July 14, 2006

Amarantine

I called Narc this afternoon:

Hey Narc, it's Hyde. Just calling to see how you are and what's up. You haven't really been around this week. I mean, I texted you on Tuesday to see if you wanted to meet up some time, and I never heard back from you. It's Friday now. If you're busy, that's okay, but at least tell me that you're busy. I'm kind of worried about you. Anyway, hope you're surviving the heat and that all is well with you. Give me a call when you get a chance. Alright. Bye.

Shortly thereafter, I received the following text:

Still here. Dating PopStarChick as of about a week ago. Still want to see you of course, but obviously we need to re-think how we spend our time together. Call soon.

So... that's it.

-h-

11 comments:

Charby said...

cuntbag

feitclub said...

So...great? Now you can officially move on? Or am I being ignorant?

Hyde said...

Dan, you're right. Except for the small matter of a broken heart and a feeling of worthlessness. Not so great.

:(

h

HistoryGeek said...

Damn! Why can't I see your post today?! This is obviously an important one, given Charby's response.

A big hug for your broken heart, though!

Hyde said...

Spins,

Don't know why it's doing that. But try highlighting where the text is supposed to be...

-h-

HistoryGeek said...

Ah, now I see...he's a coward, obviously...

that or he's never been taught any manners...

or he's just plain rude.

Dickwad!

I'm sending you lot's of California healing vibes, Hyde.

Aravis said...

I was a little worried his relationship with her was heading in this direction. I'm so sorry that it turned out like this. The way he's gone about this was incredibly unfair and selfish of him.

You are not the worthless one, he is. I know that may be hard to believe right now, but I'm sure those who know you would agree. You have so much to offer, and someday you'll meet the man who is worthy of your love.

My heart goes out to you, Hyde. *hug*

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one that can see it?

He is trying to hurt you on purpose. I belive it is a reaction to your getting sober, he probably feels abandoned. Actualy he probably doesn't feel anything but self pity and emptiness.

Those two feelings are an alcoholics constant companion.

I hate to say this to you but it is imperative to your survival.

FORGET HIM and move on, time to let your emotions enter adulthood.

Having said that, I know it's painful and I am still here for you. I'm like the guy in the boxer's corner and we're going all the way to the last round.

Right now I am sponging you down and the bell has just gone so you have to get back in the ring now.

you're going to take a few more punches but remember keep dancing eventually you are going to win.

Hyde said...

Ok, Mystic. I'm not down for the count just yet.

swisslet said...

bollocks to him - good luck to PopStarChick, eh?

Flash said...

Bollocks!
I knew I should've fucking hit him.

Next time.

Big hugs baby.