Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Narc Caves

All right, I know I owe a post with a lot more, but things are just fucking crazy right now. It WILL be forthcoming. In the meantime, a record of last night's phone calls:

12:25 AM: Home Answering Machine

Well, what should I say, Hyde? This is the back up call. I've already called your cell phone and you've not answered, so I tried your land line and you're not answering. So...you're obviously asleep. Um... I don't know what to tell you. I would love to see you tonight, but you're down. We'll figure it out somewhat...

Bye.

1:15 AM: Cell Phone Voice Mail:

Hyde,

Here's your call back number. What the FUCK? Where the fuck are you? ANSWER ME!

All right. Bye... I'll try your cell.

1:26 AM Home Answering Machine:

Hyde,

I have to admit--you probably have the most annoying and yet boring at the same time answering machine message. Um... All right. It's me and I'm here. When you hear this, I'm there. What can I say? I don't know... I just want to talk to you.

All right. Whatever...

Bye.

2:40 AM Cell Phone Voice Mail:

Hyde, it's Narc.

You are probably ignoring me right now. I forgot that women do this. I was thinking for a second there that you were like all rational and that, um, if I wanted to see you and you wanted to see me, you'd all be like: "Oh yeah... We should figure this out!" But I forgot that you're a woman and you're going to dwell on some kind of weird-ass like serpentine underwater thing. Well, you know...like, figuratively underwater thing.

So... That having been said... I'm gonna get... It's 2:30 right now. 2:38 right now. So... We're going to work that out. But anyway...

Now... I am going to make a couple of, um, declarations with myself. Doesn't have to be you, but I keep thinking if I talk long enough you'll pick up. And I don't have a Ms. Pac-Man machine here, but if I did... Why DON'T I have a Ms. Pac-Man machine? A good question! All right. I'm not going to talk out of my ass anymore.

Hyde-- just PICK UP! This is NONSENSE! I don't want to fight anymore and I know YOU don't want to fight anymore. This is STUPID. I don't want to be stupid anymore.

All right... Whatever... You know my number.

******************************

Hyde's response?

NONE!!!!!

(But I feel like shit...)

10 comments:

feitclub said...

Damn, you should become a stenographer. I heard those messages and I could barely make sense of them. His tone (intoxicated, frustrated and condescending) was unmistakable though.

Props for not responding to him, of course. I know you don't feel good right now but we've got your back.

Anonymous said...

Hyde,
Keep it up. You're smart enough to know that he is just trying to sucker you back in and then it will all be the same. He will try to guilt trip you, telling you that you are like all the other women that have ever been in his life, that they all havce left etc and that women are no good. Not true. You have been nothing but amazing to him over the year and he still consistently treated you like garbage. Don't let him sucker you and don't let him guilt you. The phone calls will stop soon enough and if you feel you can't handle them have HIS NUMBER BLOCKED FROM CALLING YOU. This is the hardest part right now. Just don't cave!

Anonymous said...

NDN has some sound advice. What a cool guy to have as your neighbor. I'm jealous. Haven't heard much about him since the ex-girlfriend drama lately. What's his story?

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am flattered that I seem to have a following, on someone else's blog no less. Well, "anonymous," whoever you are, I am sure that Hyde will fill you in shortly on my comings and goings.

Charby said...

Hang on in there!
Please, please, please dont give in and contact him.

HistoryGeek said...

Never, never respond to a drunk dialer...it only encourages the behavior and is usually fatal.

Hyde said...

Spinsterwitch-- I could have used your advice a year ago. My entire relationship with Narc was founded on drunk dialing!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't start feeling sorry for him! I don't care if he "needs support" or "needs understanding" or whatever. He doesn't even appreciate it enough and abuses it.

Best of luck!

Hyde said...

Liu-

You know me too well. Yesterday was a guilt-fest. I'm still doing ok though...

Flash said...

I'm proud of you for not caving, keep it up girl!