Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Last Night...

  • Last night I went to a dinner party with NDN. It was awesome. Have to write more about that later.

  • Last night I broke my cell phone beyond repair. My scotch tape job didn't hold up. (Well, I hope it's not BEYOND repair. I'm taking it to the Verizon store today).

  • Last night I got drunk at Cheers and told ThursdayGirl more than she ever needed to know about my sorry life.

  • Last night I got TWO MORE phone calls from Narc. (YAY!!! Wait... Is that wrong that I think "Yay?" But I did. And I do. I don't give a shit... I'm still drunk, so I'm going to think "yay!" at least for the rest of the morning!) The messages don't particularly merit transcription here. Basically he just said that he "knows we're done," but that he "wants to talk" to me, "that's all." I'm sure that's all... Whatever... Both were left around 3:00 am. I'm glad I was passed out and that my phone was broken. There's nothing I would have rather done last night at that point besides see him. So I was saved. It was providence.

This is all sick sick sick. And I'm STILL drinking too much.

  • Last night I got a really bad scrape on my knee. The blood is all dried up now and I have no idea how it got there.


All right. Enough about last night. I have to go take my phone in, pick up a check over where I teach and be back here by mid afternoon to meet B and take my beautiful kitty to the vet.

later...

PS: This post reminded me of an old poem. Can't believe I found it...

Tonight

Tonight the stiffness in my neck
Comes crumbling down in glittering blue elastic

Tonight the numbness in my throat
Cascades, crescendos into white parched violets

Tonight the twisting orange mud
Flies past the shoreline out to sea in bubbles

Tonight the softness brings my back
Into its deep and black and pulsing ending

Tonight the morning stars will sink
I'm pressed between them tightly curled and waiting

Tonight are dreams and brown eyes torn

To meet my trembling expectations



7 comments:

sunshine said...

That sucks!!!

It all sucks!!!

Do not call his sorry ass....If I have to be strong than so do you. No caving in.

LavaLady said...

last night I bought three bottles of wine so I could drink them if I wanted to, but happily I didn't drink anything.

I keep waiting to get a phone call or an email or a letter from Palmer, but I know he won't contact me. It's comforting to know that he won't do it. If he did though, I'd be hard pressed to not talk to or see him.

Keep on keeping on.

Anonymous said...

He's going to keep on begging. You're strong! Be strong!

Flash said...

They^^^^^ speak wisely.
Hang on Hyde, you've come this far.

feitclub said...

I'm happy that you're happy about his continued attention in pursuing you. But please, don't call him back. He's hoping to catch you in a moment of weakness. Notice how he calls when he's drunk and at hours when he expects you to be drunk as well? That's not a friend, that's a predator. He's looking for sex, nothing more. Don't set yourself up to get hurt again. Otherwise you'll be reopening the wounds you've been healing for these past few weeks.

Charby said...

Wow what a sucky day!
Hope your listening to everyone above!

Anonymous said...

Hey! It wasn't ALL sucky! Hyde went to a great dinner party! :)