Sunday, January 16, 2005

P.S.

Just got off the phone with Liu and wanted to add one more thought on last night--I guess all of last year's "didtheyreadit" e-mails did get through to him in a way. Early on last night (before we met up) I told him that I didn't want a repeat of the "same old/same old" with us. He said that he understands and that we could just hang out and "didn't have to" sleep together. (Guess that didn't work!) But also-- when I asked him where he wanted to go last night he said anywhere...that he could come up here by me or I could go down there or we could meet somewhere halfway. He's never made that offer before, so maybe things are different! Anyway, I'm going to call him later this week and ask him to go to the Whitney with me. We'll see how he responds. Maybe...just maybe we can finally be friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to NOT respond if he calls you late at night!

Anonymous said...

Good advice, Anonymous. I second that. Not to be too cliched, but you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Not unless he wants to be taught, and even then it takes a year or two or five. Be forewarned. Then again, not like being warned works. Oh well. At least have fun then.