Thursday, December 23, 2004

"Pre-Christmas" (take VI)

Let me start off by saying that my cat is being MANIC right now. He is making such a scene, crashing into the blinds, racing across the room and tearing at the couch. I guess that the late-night scene around here has rubbed off on him and that now, like me, he's a creature of the night.

As for me, it was a "Dr. Jekyll" kind of day. After a rousing German class with Hammer this morning, B and I set off for our sixth annual Pre-Christmas celebration...

It started with a caroling concert at St. Bart's. Then we headed to the West Side for Vietnamese food, followed by B's therapy (I waited in the lobby). While there, Hammer and I texted (as we are prone to do) and after a while I fell asleep. (Still not recovered from the only 1 hour I got the night before). Later, we did some Christmas shopping, got coffee and ended the evening at the movies.

IrishBird called me while we were shopping and asked if I would bring her "Dixie Chicks" CD by the bar. I didn't really want to after what happened there on Tuesday night, but she seemed to really want me to come in so that we could smooth things over. She said that PumpedUp asked about me last night. I guess it's not a good sign--take one night off and the owner is wondering where you are! Oh well, it's not for me to judge...only to do what comes naturlich! Anyway, we stopped home first and I put on my pajama bottoms and flip-flops to be sure I wouldn't stay out at all. When I got there I felt really strange about it. Didn't see PumpedUp, but IrishBird gave me a Christmas present--a beautiful pair of earrings. She really wanted me to stay and have a drink or at least water. I think she's worried that I'm upset at her for coming down so hard on me the other day. I wasn't in the mood though. I just didn't feel comfortable and didn't have the energy for the whole scene. FightingMensch seemed a little drunk already and introduced me to his sister. I saw the two Nigerians at the end of the bar. I don't know... I think I overreacted like that on Tuesday because of what happened with "the ice-man" (as Bezuhoff has not-so-affectionatly labled him). I still feel sick about all of that...every time it surfaces in my mind, even for a moment, I feel nauseated and like my knees are going to give out so I have to try not to think about it.

I hate that it rained today. My hair isn't making me feel pretty anymore. It's curling up around my face and now it all seems to go together.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve.
I just can't wait for the New Year already...

On that note, I'll leave you with this verse from "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear"

"Yet with the woes of sin and strife
the world has suffered long;
beneath the heavenly hymn have rolled
two thousand years of wrong;
and warring humankind hears not
the tidings which they bring;
O hush the noise and cease your strife
and hear the angels sing!"

No comments: