Saturday, December 25, 2004

Hapless?

Just got back from Christmas on Long Island. Ate too much, got lots of presents. Didn't do enough work, yada yada yada...

B says that I'm "hapless."
Synonyms for "hapless" at dictionary.com:
cursed, hoodooed, ill-fated, ill-starred, infelicitous, jinxed, Jonah, loser, luckless, miserable, poor fish, sad sack, schlemiel, snakebit, star-crossed, unhappy, unlucky, untoward, woeful, wretched

I don't know if I'd go that far... But, basically, I couldn't resist and texted Narc "Merry Christmas." (1:05 am on Christmas Eve).

His response: "Merry Christmas! Hope you're doing well. Am a Christmas orphan this year, once again. Having a pint on my own at the Tavern. Alas!" (1:10 am)

Me: "Well, I'm @ my parent's right now, about to go to bed, but thought you might be on ur own & wanted to let you know I was thinking of u. Enjoy a pint for me!" (1:14 am)

Him: "Of course babe. Have a good holiday." (1:16 am)

Me: "you too... Will be out of town 1st week of jan. but keep in touch. Good night!" (1:18am)

Him: "K, sweet dreams." (1:19 am).

Make of it what you will. Hapless? I'm not sure... Obsessive? Definitely.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

wow... communication is improving after the 20t, isn't it? I mean, well, the guys is just plain sweet to you now. He doesn't deserve your affections, but u know that. Glad you're doing good work. keep it up.